Women’s History Month 2022: How to Celebrate
Women’s History Month is a celebration of the vital role of women in American history. It first originated in in 1980 when President Jimmy Carter issues an annual proclamation declaring the week of March 8 as National Women’s History Week. The U.S. Congress followed the next year by passing a resolution establishing a national celebration. By 1987 after a petition from the National Women’s History Project, Congress made March of 1987 Women’s History Month. Between 1988 to 1994, Congress had passed additional resolutions requesting the President to mark March of every year “Women’s History Month. Now, since 1995, March has been designated Women’s history month.
Here are some ways you can celebrate Women’s history month 2022 in San Diego:
- The Women’ Museum of California collects and preserves artifacts that show the experiences of women throughout California.
- Women’s Day Zumba Class is a celebration and charity event to celebrate Women’s International Day.
- 19th Annual San Diego County Women’s Hall of Fame is an event that recognize five women from San Diego. This year, they will honor congresswoman Susan Davis, Activist Kathi Anderson, and BridgeBuilder Dr. Lupe Buell, among other trailblazing San Diego women
- Women Elevate SD Celebration is an event that celebrates women in the workforce.
Here are additional ways you can celebrate Women’s History Month 2022 around the US:
- Facebook Events. Facebook have great events that celebrat Women’s history month. For information about all the events, click here.
- Supporting Women Owned Businesses: Supporting local women owned businesses is a great way to celebrate and even doing it all year long!
- Donate: Donating to local charities that help support women is also a great way to help support.
- Watch: Tubi, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc. have a selection of great Women excellence in cinema.
- Books: Here is a list of great books that are great resources during Women’s history month.
Visit our social pages to see how we are celebrating this year.